Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Doing it DIY-style

I have a DIY project this weekend. Or maybe next weekend, since this one seems to be getting busy fast.

See, two days ago, I saw this on Craigslist:


I've been looking for a corner unit to fill a space, and though I wasn't 100% sure this was going to fill the bill, I bought it anyway. I had to. It's solid wood with dovetail joints, and she wanted $40 for it.

By the way, I'm still not sure it fits where I want it. But we'll see.

Anyway, it's old. And nicked. And is in desperate need of a good cleaning/sanding. So my plan is to strip this baby down, then polish her back up again. I mean, look at her! She's got great bones. With the right attention, she could be gorgeous. A new stain, maybe new hardware.

What would you do with it?

1 comments:

Carla Krae said...

Totally. $40 for solid wood is a steal.