Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower


Okay, so I'm not a photographer, lol. I thought about taking this picture way too late, and no amount of trying to crop it made it look any better. So I'm putting it up there in all its original not-so-glory, and letting the recipe speak for itself.

I made this for the first time Tuesday night, and let me tell you, my ten-year-son---who has turned up his nose at every variation on cauliflower I have ever thrown at him---ate every lick of this and asked when we'd have it again. That's a success in my house. Plus, it just tasted good.

PASTA WITH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER

INGREDIENTS
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
Kosher salt and ground pepper
8 oz uncooked farfalle
1/2 cup black olives, coarsely chopped
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Toss cauliflower with olive oil, garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt, and spread on a baking sheet.
3. Roast until golden and tender, about 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, boil salted water for pasta. Once it's boiling, add pasta and cook for designated time on package until done.
5. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and set aside.
6. Drain pasta.
7. In large bowl, toss pasta, cauliflower, olives, lemon zest, and reserved pasta water. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.

NOTES
Serves 4. It's light, but filling, and did I mention my picky son ate all the cauliflower in it?

0 comments: