Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Waiting for the next installment...or not

Yesterday, I spent a lot of time sitting in a waiting room while my daughter got the upper half of her braces done. That meant reading, woo hoo! I was finally able to get caught up on Frank Tuttle's Markhat series, as well as a historical mystery called As the Crow Dies. The bad part, though?

Now I have to wait forever for the next Markhat book.

I'm not good at waiting with series. It's why I will often wait until something is completely done before starting it. I'd rather do that then have to wait on cliffhangers in between installments. I watched 24 like that, mainlining an entire season three days at a time. I did it with the second half of Harry Potter, too. I stopped reading after the fourth book, then waited until the seventh was done before sitting down and reading the last three all at once. Trust me. That one was next to impossible to remain unspoiled for, though I'm proud I managed it for probably 95% (and all of the good stuff, thank goodness).

Sometimes, it's hard, though. I don't like being spoiled, and in this day and age, it's very easy to happen when you're not paying attention. Twitter is the worst culprit for TV, especially since I live on the west coast. I've had to unfollow a few people because I couldn't trust that they'd be mum long enough for me to see something.

Am I just too paranoid? How do you handle series?

0 comments: