Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Meet my newest menage

My writing schedule rarely works out the way I want it to. I had plans on writing a geek romance after I finished my edits for Enthralled in Silver, but then a different bunny bit me and I've been working on that instead. It's a fantasy m/m/f menage, about the injured king of a small realm, his devoted wife, and his favorite soldier-in-arms who gets them to safety after a siege. Untitled as of yet, but it's over 21k so far and going strong. Probably novel-length, and I have no idea where I'm going to send it yet. We'll see what its tone is like when it's all done.

In the meantime, however, you can meet the trio as I envision them.

Meet King Ryelmund, or Ryel as he's called throughout the story. Kind but powerful, who loves both his wife and his right-hand man.

Avaren, the one man in Ryel's kingdom who would die for his king. Ryel saved him from a life of slavery as a teenager. Avaren was his forever after.

Ryel went against convention and chose Loraledra as his queen, the spinster daughter of the poorest of all his kingdom's allies. The union was considered politically weak, but Ledra won Ryel's heart with her fighting spirit.

There you go! And I really need to come up with a title for this story...

0 comments: