Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Musical obsessions

My current musical obsession, A Great Big World, continues. I've been listening to the album pretty much nonstop. The other day in the car, I  realized that I could totally play, "I Don't Wanna Love Somebody Else," on my guitar.

I've been working on my fingerpicking for the past couple months, so it seems like the ideal song. Plus, it's forcing me to play F and Bb, which I usually avoid at all costs. My guitar teacher is having a concert in August, so I should be more than comfortable with it by then. The thing is, my teacher now wants me to sing while I play. Which, okay, it's not a difficult song. But the only place I sing anymore is in the car. I can say no, but my daughter has been bugging me from the start to sing along with whatever I ended up playing. I'm getting pressured from both sides. I'll probably end up breaking. Damn it.

0 comments: