Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Stephen Colbert & Sherman Alexie on the Amazon/Hachette feud

The Amazon/Hachette feud has been all over the writing world for a while, but this week started to show up in national media as well. My favorite response so far is definitely Stephen Colbert's. (I tried embedding, but it's not working for whatever reason so go watch if you haven't seen it.)

I was *dying* during his monologue, though admittedly, more about his descriptions of used books than anything else.

But then, to make it even better for me, he brought out one of my favorite authors, Sherman Alexie. They're trying to help a first time author who will get screwed over by this feud by having people order the book through the Colbert site from Powell's.

Like I needed even more reasons to adore these two.

0 comments: