Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Oscar Nominations

Oscar nominations for 2015 are out, and I have a lot of movies I need to see, including some I'd been hoping to avoid like American Sniper. I'm not a big fan of military movies, to be honest. I end up only watching them when they get nominated for something.

In fact, I haven't seen many at all of the major nominated films. One will get remedied soon - The Imitation Game - but others I missed when they were here because of being too busy - Birdman and The Theory of Everything. I didn't even see Gone Girl because I didn't want to watch the movie before I read the book (because I'm probably the last person in the country who hasn't and I'm not spoiled on the ending). The only movie I've seen of any of the acting categories is Into the Woods.

Thank goodness I can watch at least a couple online very soon. I'll have to be spoiled for the book when I watch Gone Girl, and Boyhood is also available. I'll have to hope that our local theater gets some of the nominees back for a second viewing as they've done in recent years. That might be the only way I get more than a few crossed off before the winners are announced.

Anything you're sorry you missed? I didn't see enough this past year to really merit being annoyed by a snub right now, though one thing is for sure, I'm going to do everything I can to see more movies in 2015.

0 comments: